Friday, March 09, 2012

Old Lady

I look at this picture and I wonder if I can be as beautiful as this old lady when I grow up.




In my fleeting moments before slumber last night, I thought of how my life will be in the next fifty years. All the times from my 35th year and back and I ask what have I achieved so far that can make me the old lady I am at 85. Contented. Proud. Happy. At Peace.

Have I gone cliff diving as I have always wanted to do?
Have I been to places I have always wanted to visit?
Have I hosted enough dinners with friends and family?
Have I watched my children at the backyard while my husband plays tag with them?
Have I experienced enough sunrise and sunsets with my special some? My husband? My child? My sister? My best friend? A stranger?

Have I told enough stories?
Have I touched someone's life as many someones touched mine?
Have I listened to music to last me a lifetime of melodies?

Have I said enough 'I love yous'?
Have I said enough 'Thank yous'?
Have I said enough 'Please'?
Have I said enough 'Goodbyes'?
Have I said enough 'I forgive'?

Have I had many moments with God?

Have I cried enough?
Have I laughed enough?
Have I danced or sing enough?
Have I prayed enough?

Have I lived my life in which I am expected to live it by my Creator?

Have I had a life fullfilled?

Have I been worthy of the years I was blessed? Of the health I was given? Of the intelligence I have been bestowed? Of the opportunities provided? Of every single moments in my life?

There are just so much blessings that each day brings me. And sometimes, I feel I neglect each moments and allow the rot of life's daily grind to bite me.

I hope of life that is worthy of I was given. I hope of people I have in my life and more of the likes of them than the richness of the world. I hope for the beauty of the earth that no money can buy. I hope of all things that I can learn to live and I can live to learn.

I hope for an old age of no regrets.

I wish and pray and hope for the same to all those who read this blog. May we all live a life with all the sad moments it bring, with all the happy moments it bring but with no moments of regret in the end.

God bless you, my friend --- is what I think the old lady in the picture said.... as she have been blessed in her life.

later.

No comments: