Saturday, January 08, 2005

2005

Can you imagine?

On New Year's Eve of 2004, I was writing in my journal and it just hit me ... it was just like yesterday when I was excited to watch on televesion all the celebration world wide of the Millenium Eve Party.

Cliche as it is, time does fly so fast.

When I was younger, it never came across my mind that new years are extra ordinary events in ones life, you know. It's just like another year, a party to celebrate, laughing, reunions on the first day of the year.

But then as I mature and age is added to my soul, I realised that each new turn of the leaf is another story of life, a new beginning, a new something. I don't know but don't you feel a sense of reborn every new year?

I do.

The year that passed was amazing. Lots of ups and downs, lots of laughs and cries. But you see, I consider such as a success ... a success that I am alive, I am here. The chairs in our new year's eve dinner table is still complete. That alone is enough for me to lift my gratitude to the One up there.

2005? Wow. Here it is. I think of this year with a smile. I always have a smile on my face every beginning of each year. It's somthing to smile about, hey. My friends have utterred words such as "this is our year", "this will be a great year" ... I believe so, yes. I told myself, this year is when all my dreams in life will come true. Such a high spirit, eh? But isn't the commencement of each year must also be the reborn of passion and dreams and hopes in life?

Ah. You must be saying it is easy for me to say this because I had a good 2004. On the contrary, I have had my roughest rides in waves of perplexities in the past year. I had problems like the rest, mend a broken heart, lost friends who went seeking their end of the rainbows, problems in life and death. My life was not as easy as you may have thought it was.

But I learned from my experience with my dad's death not to carry the baggage when you travel the road of life. Life isn't life if you do not have the downfall, the failure, the rejection, the pain. Everyone goes through life as everyone does. Rich or poor, old or young, we all go through the roads we take with some hindrances of sadness and suffering.

But we live on after. We carry on life despite everything.

And new years are good way to start.

I will make this 2005 the best year of my life. And maybe 2006 better than this "best" year. And the next be better than the last.

It means I will live, love, cry, laugh, take in everything with passion in my heart, everything that will happen to this 2005.

With abudant prayers, with unconditional love from my family and friends, from the greatness of God, I draw my strength.

Cheers to all for the best year of our life!

later.

No comments: